Create. Build. Play. Share. What will you make?
SDK Spriter is an all-in-one studio for creating retro video game assets, from the pixel art all the way to playable levels. The final assets can be exported to Miiverse™ or the SDK Spriter online gallery.
SDK Spriter has 4 phases of content-creation: Sprites, Tiles, Maps, and Levels. Sprites are animated characters with 8 frames and 4 compass directions. Tiles are sets of 256 square art pieces used in building environments. Maps are layouts of tiles, collision-maps, and warp-points. Levels are a combination of everything into playable form.
Levels come in three forms: Overworld, Terrain, and Dungeon Master. Overworld levels present the player with an overhead environment similar to classic RPGs, including roaming NPCs. Terrain levels present the player with a pseudo-3D tilted environment similar to early racing games of the 16-bit era. Dungeon Master levels assist with conducting paper-and-dice RPGs, letting the DM/GM control on the Wii U™ GamePad™ what the other players see on the TV screen.
Available for the Wii U in the
iPad™ (2nd Gen+)
- SDK Spriter Lite in December 2017
- SDK Spriter Pro TBA 2018
Composer, titles, performer, and licensing, details for each piece:
- Bach, J.S. "Blessed Is the Man" BWV 57 (perf: Michael Rondeau, CC)
- Bach, J.S. "Toccata and Fugue" in D Minor (perf: Paul Pitman, PD)
- Beethoven, L. Opus 7 "Moonlight Sonata" (perf: Paul Pitman, PD)
- Beethoven, L. Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral" (perf: Skidmore College Orchestra, PD)
- Bizet, G. "Carmen" Prelude Act I (perf: European Archive, PD)
- Chabrier, E. "España" Rhapsody for Orchestra (perf: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony, CC)
- Chaminade, C. Opus 35 "Automne" (perf: Takashi Sato, CC)
- Chopin, F. "Funeral March" (perf: Aya Higuchi, PD)
- Coleridge-Taylor, S. - Opus 5 "Dance" (perf: Steve's Bedroom Band, CC)
- Debussy, C. La Mer "Dialogue du Vent et de la Mer" (perf: US Air Force Band, PD)
- Delibes, L. Sylvia "Pizzicato" (perf: Markus Staab, CC)
- Elgar, E. Opus 12 "Salut d'Amour" (perf: Emanuel Salvador, CC)
- Elgar, E. "The Wand of Youth" Serenade (perf: Steve's Bedroom Band, CC)
- Faure, G. Opus 79 "Fantaisie" Allegro (perf: Lydia J. Roth, CC)
- Gynt, P. Suite No. 1 "Morning" (perf: Musopen Symphony, PD)
- Holst, G. "Mars, the Bringer of War" (perf: US Air Force Band, PD)
- Holst, G. Opus 28 "Fantasia on the Dargason" (perf: USAF Heritage of America Band, PD)
- Holst, G. Opus 28 "Song of the Blacksmith" (perf: USAF Heritage of America Band, PD)
- Joplin, S. "Maple Leaf Rag" (perf: Stefano Ligoratti, CC)
- Mangore, A.B. "Maxixe" (perf: Edson Lopes, CC)
- Mozart, W.A. "Marriage of Figaro" Overture (perf: US Army Band, PD)
- Mussorgsky, M. "Night on Bald Mountain" (perf: Skidmore College Orchestra, PD)
- Rossini, G.A. "William Tell" Overture (perf: United States Marine Band, PD)
- Stratusphere "Power of Emotion" (with permission)
- Wagner, R. Die Walkure "Grand Fantasie" (perf: United States Marine Band, PD)
Songs have been trimmed to the average of 2 minutes.