Create. Build. Play. Share. What will you make?
SDK Spriter is an all-in-one studio for creating retro video game assets, from the pixel art all the way to playable levels. The final assets can be exported to your Photo Gallery of the SDK Spriter online gallery (iPad only).
SDK Spriter has 4 phases of content-creation: Sprites, Tiles, Maps, and Levels. Sprites are animated characters with 8 frames and 4 compass directions. Tiles are sets of 256 square art pieces used in building environments. Maps are layouts of tiles, collision-maps, and warp-points. Levels are a combination of everything into playable form.
Levels come in three forms: Overworld, Terrain, and Dungeon Master. Overworld levels present the player with an overhead environment similar to classic RPGs, including roaming NPCs. Terrain levels present the player with a pseudo-3D tilted environment similar to early racing games of the 16-bit era. Dungeon Master levels assist with conducting paper-and-dice RPGs, letting the DM/GM control on the Wii U™ GamePad™ what the other players see on the TV screen.
Available for the Wii U in the
iPad™ (2nd Gen+)
- SDK Spriter Lite in December 2017
- SDK Spriter Pro TBA
Composer, titles, performer, and licensing, details for each piece:
- Bach, J.S. "Blessed Is the Man" BWV 57 (perf: Michael Rondeau, CC)
- Bach, J.S. "Toccata and Fugue" in D Minor (perf: Paul Pitman, PD)
- Beethoven, L. Opus 7 "Moonlight Sonata" (perf: Paul Pitman, PD)
- Beethoven, L. Symphony No. 6 "Pastoral" (perf: Skidmore College Orchestra, PD)
- Bizet, G. "Carmen" Prelude Act I (perf: European Archive, PD)
- Chabrier, E. "España" Rhapsody for Orchestra (perf: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Symphony, CC)
- Chaminade, C. Opus 35 "Automne" (perf: Takashi Sato, CC)
- Chopin, F. "Funeral March" (perf: Aya Higuchi, PD)
- Coleridge-Taylor, S. - Opus 5 "Dance" (perf: Steve's Bedroom Band, CC)
- Debussy, C. La Mer "Dialogue du Vent et de la Mer" (perf: US Air Force Band, PD)
- Delibes, L. Sylvia "Pizzicato" (perf: Markus Staab, CC)
- Elgar, E. Opus 12 "Salut d'Amour" (perf: Emanuel Salvador, CC)
- Elgar, E. "The Wand of Youth" Serenade (perf: Steve's Bedroom Band, CC)
- Faure, G. Opus 79 "Fantaisie" Allegro (perf: Lydia J. Roth, CC)
- Grieg, E. Suite No. 1 "Morning" (perf: Musopen Symphony, PD)
- Holst, G. "Mars, the Bringer of War" (perf: US Air Force Band, PD)
- Holst, G. Opus 28 "Fantasia on the Dargason" (perf: USAF Heritage of America Band, PD)
- Holst, G. Opus 28 "Song of the Blacksmith" (perf: USAF Heritage of America Band, PD)
- Joplin, S. "Maple Leaf Rag" (perf: Stefano Ligoratti, CC)
- Mangore, A.B. "Maxixe" (perf: Edson Lopes, CC)
- Mozart, W.A. "Marriage of Figaro" Overture (perf: US Army Band, PD)
- Mussorgsky, M. "Night on Bald Mountain" (perf: Skidmore College Orchestra, PD)
- Rossini, G.A. "William Tell" Overture (perf: United States Marine Band, PD)
- Stratusphere "Power of Emotion" (with permission)
- Wagner, R. Die Walkure "Grand Fantasie" (perf: United States Marine Band, PD)
Songs have been trimmed to the average of 2 minutes.